Download the infographic to discover computer vision, a field of artificial intelligence (AI), and see why it’s the key technology enabling fans and customers to shop without the need for cashiers or other human assistance.
Fast. Secure. Cashierless. This is the core criteria today’s fans are looking for when it comes to improving concessions at parks and stadiums. Let’s be real—there’s little that’s more annoying than missing out on amazing gameplay because you were waiting in the concessions line for too long. Fans want autonomous checkout solutions to avoid this entirely:
- 30% of global fans believe “being able to stay in their seat is the most important way to improve the food and beverage experience at the stadium, closely followed by faster transaction times.”
- 59% of fans would spend more on food & beverage if wait times were shorter.
- 63% of fans said they would use a self-servicing kiosk.
Computer vision, a field of artificial intelligence (AI), is the key technology enabling fans and customers to shop without the need for cashiers or other human assistance. How? This technology allows the store to “see” and track customers and products in real-time. Paired with the right autonomous store platform, computer vision allows customers to get into the store with a credit card or app, get the items they need, and walk out with an accurate receipt sent to them via email or SMS in minutes.
This is why it’s not at all surprising the global AI in computer vision market is growing at a CAGR of 21.5% and is forecast to reach a value of USD 17.2 billion in 2023 and USD 45.7 billion by 2028.
WHAT IS COMPUTER VISION & HOW DOES IT WORK? [DOWNLOAD THE GUIDE]
So what really is computer vision? And what role does it play in the development of autonomous stores? In our quick-step guide, Seeing Beyond Limits for Concessions: An Exploration of Computer Vision Technology in Autonomous Stores at Parks & Stadiums, we provide an introduction to this technology and showcase how it is used to improve the fan experience in autonomous stores in stadiums and sports venues. Take a look!
Get your copy of the guide to learn:
- What computer vision technology is and how it works
- The core difference between computer vision and sensors
- How this technology enables customers to shop without the need for cashiers or other human assistance
- Why computer vision is a critical aspect in maximizing fan satisfaction & stadium revenue
Computer vision technology is transforming the way we shop and interact with retail spaces—and it’s pretty awesome. As customer demand for more convenient concessions options, like cashierless checkout rises, we expect computer vision technology to become an increasingly important tool for businesses looking to improve the in-store experience and lower operational costs.
As having opened 150 stores to date, AiFi is a globally leading AI provider, empowering organizations worldwide to scale autonomous shopping solutions with 100% computer vision. Reach out to us to get started.