80% of consumers rate speed and convenience as the top two most vital elements of a positive customer experience. What does this mean for the future of retail? The future of retail is autonomous.
According to PwC, approximately 80% of consumers rate speed and convenience as the top two most vital elements of a positive customer experience. Because of this, many physical retailers are looking to incorporate digital technology, such as artificial intelligence (AI), to augment the in-store shopping experience. Enter the autonomous store.
Consumers today demand more convenient shopping experiences:
- 42% of shoppers want to and/or prefer to use self-checkout kiosks.
- 34% of shoppers want to leverage “scan & go” devices and apps to bypass long checkout lines.
- 66% of shoppers report they would spend more if their purchasing experience was more convenient.
What does this mean for the future of retail? The future of retail is autonomous. There’s a lot to take in and consider regarding autonomous stores and how they’re driving the transformation of retail spaces. To help you make sense of it all, we crafted an infographic guiding you through the shopper’s journey in an autonomous store.
DOWNLOAD THE INFOGRAPHIC FOR A LOOK AT THE FUTURE OF RETAIL
The shopper’s journey in an autonomous store is streamlined into three steps:
- Easy Entry: Shoppers can enter the store quickly with a credit card or app.
- Seamless Shopping: AI-powered computer vision begins shopper tracking and recognizes products taken.
- Frictionless Checkout: Shoppers can head home completely checkout-free with receipts sent to them within minutes.
Download the infographic to dive deeper into all the above and gain insights on:
- The future of retail and how to navigate this shift in store format
- The shopper’s journey in an autonomous store
- The frictionless checkout experience and its benefits for the customer and the retailer
Get the infographic HERE.
There are currently 250 autonomous stores worldwide. This number is expected to grow to more than 12,000 in 2027. Do you have plans to transform your physical retail space into a more convenient and accessible autonomous store? We sure hope so—the time to get ahead of the competition is now.
Request a demo of AiFi to discover our AI-powered technology that enables reliable, cost-effective, and completely frictionless shopping experiences.